The passage of the marriage equality act was a giant leap forward for members of the LGBTQ+ communities. The right to marriage is just the beginning, though. In many ways they still lack equality in the eyes of society.
This week, Ball Bearings looks at the way Millennials view sexuality and gender identity. We sat down with a panel of individuals who identify at different places on the spectrum, and asked them about the ways they see their own gender and sexual identities. We followed the life journey of a Millennial transgender woman. We photographed a drag show. We wrote about what it means for Caitlyn Jenner to be the media face of the transgender community. We talked to a lesbian woman who can’t adopt her own son.
We looked at what comes next.
You can read all of our stories about Millennials and Sexuality
- “The Sexually Fluid Millennial,” by Miranda Carney, editor-in-chief
- “Marriage Equality is Only the Beginning,” by Samantha Stevenson
- “Caitlyn Jenner: Transgender, Passionate, and Flawed,” by Jessica Pettengill and Jordan Hurley
- “A Shift in Support,” by Anthony Lombardi
- “The Difference Between Gender and Sexual Orientation,” by Kelsey Batson
- “Gender Changes in Children,” by Abbie Willans
- “Drag Show in Wonderland,” photo essay by Maggie Kenworthy
- “LGBTQIA+: A Breakdown of the Letters on the Spectrum,” graphic by Roth Lovins
Don’t forget to follow the Ball Bearings Instagram feed where you can read short interviews about Millennials and sexuality.